One of the worst affects of suffering from any mental health problem is that it often leaves people feeling alone. This is frequently made worse because there is a tendency to start isolating.
This is especially true for anxiety and depression – which frequently hit someone as a seemingly inescapable pair. They are an increasing mental health concern, particularly throughout this unprecedented period of social distancing and self-isolation.
Depression alone is a major problem. An estimated 16.2 million adults in the United States have severe depression in any given year.
Then anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the US, affecting 40 million adults.
So when combined it is clear that a massive number of people suffer from anxiety and depression.
People with these conditions so often convince themselves that no one could possibly want to be around them. Or they get so anxious that staying in their house seems their only option.
Then they are in the vicious circle of isolation.
It’s a major reason why going to a rehab centre such as Tikvah Lake for recovery is one of the most beneficial things anyone suffering like this can do.
Sometimes someone’s childhood involved living with the sort of trauma that affects their mental health and emotional wellbeing across a lifetime. We look at this and work out how best to deal with that with proven treatments.
One of the treatments that our guests have an option of being introduced to is the Twelve Steps recovery program. This has been extremely effective since it was started in the 1930s at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
Now the Twelve Steps are used to help people suffering from many other addictions. The Twelve-Step methods have also been adapted by more than 200 self-help organizations to assist with a whole range of mental health and emotional problems.
Advantages of rehab center treatment
There are many other considerable reasons why rehab center treatment is so effective. It is why an increasing number of people are referred to centers like ours or seek them out themselves.
Benefits of coming to a rehab center like Tikvah Lake include:
- If there are negative influences in your life such as a person or place you will be away from them in a safe place.
- You will be out of your usual environment – with all its pressures, trials and temptations.
- You can spend some time to focus on yourself, and with no interruptions.
- Most people realize a perspective shift on their life when they change their regular routine. They are able to step back from it to get a clear look at the big picture.
- You could make positive and vital connections with other people who are going through similar struggles.
- Compassionate understanding professionals are on hand 24/7 who are experienced in treating people with whatever mental health or emotional problems you have.
Treatment options for anxiety and depression
Thankfully there are several extremely effective treatment options for treating depression and anxiety. That is for whatever stage your condition has reached, from early stages to more severe.
Our expert team understands all the different types of anxiety and depression. Presently with the worldwide pandemic many people are understandably experiencing anxiety and depression in a more acute manner.
We have already helped many people through these anxious times.
This is helped by the fact that right now we are in one of America’s safest spots during the COVID-19 crisis. What’s more we are in a beautifully tranquil and stunning natural setting – the sort of place that’s always beneficial to overall well-being.
After carefully listening to you we can decide which is the best individualized treatment option for your strongest recovery. Through such as talk therapy and one-to-one sessions, our guests can start to understand why they are suffering from depression and anxiety.
Positive lifestyle changes
We will also consider with our guests what positive lifestyle changes could be made.
This can mean:
- Cutting down or stopping drinking alcohol, caffeine drinks and tobacco.
- Quitting recreational drugs such as cannabis or cocaine.
- Regular exercise.
- Spending time in nature.
- Eating healthily – lots of fresh fruit and veg and less or no takeaways.
- Sleeping for at least seven hours every night.
- Reducing pressure to be “successful”. This can include learning about what it means to be an “overachiever” or “perfectionist”.
- Taking up such as yoga and/or meditation.
- Spending quality time with friends and family.
We are fortunate enough to be in a wonderful setting where we can already start on some of the above lifestyle enhancements. For instance, spending time in nature and eating exceptionally well can both be a part of your recovery with us.
In so many ways a rehab center is the very best place to be to find the solution to suffering from anxiety and depression.
Many people who never thought they could have been helped out of the dark hole of these two conditions. This is from being in an environment as at Tikvah Lake where our experienced caring staff are always available – as well as being with others seeking a way out and a way forward.
First-class accommodation, year-round sunshine, a beautiful lake and delicious nutritional food are all valuable to enhance the recovery process too… It’s all here.
If you or someone you care about is suffering from anxiety and depression, get in touch with us today to discover how we can help.