- Tikvah Lake is situated in Florida’s Highlands County. It’s one of the safest places in the USA.
- Around 5,000 COVID cases have been registered in Highlands County since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Whereas in South Florida (Miami-Dade County, Broward County and Palm Beach County) around 550,000 cases of COVID have been recorded.
- You can still experience recovery in the beautiful Florida weather and surroundings in safety.
- Tikvah Lake Recovery is currently the safest rehab in Florida, due to Tikvah Lake’s location and small size.
- Tikvah Lake takes safety seriously. Its protocols are established and secure.
The COVID-19 pandemic has reached all corners of the world. Many countries in the world closed their borders, others have been devastated and are completely shut down. It is difficult to make the right treatment decisions in these times.
In the United States, there are 21 million confirmed cases of COVID-19.
While the United States is the most infected country in the world by number, there are still regions that are safe.
Within Florida, there’s a massive range of infected areas. Counties like Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward are three major infected areas. These are also the primary locations for rehabs in Florida. In fact, Palm Beach County is the most concentrated hub of rehabs worldwide.
But there are still safe areas of Florida that are much less populated – and just as sunny with clean fresh air.
Why is Tikvah Lake so safe?
Tikvah Lake Recovery is located in Highlands County (in beautiful central Florida). Highlands County is about the same size as Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County and Broward County combined.
There have been about 5,000 cases in Highlands County since the beginning of the outbreak.
Tikvah Lake Recovery is unique in that it is very small. It only has a maximum of six guests at a time and offers mostly private rooms.
This allows for unprecedented advantages in treatment. When reviewing top treatment programs in the world, there are a few in Europe that only have one client at a time (and they cost more than $300,000 a month). Tikvah Lake offers a treatment program that caters to each guest’s needs and specific history, triggers and struggles.
Also, when it comes to safety from COVID-19, being a small facility has other obvious advantages.
Tikvah Lake only ever has a few guests with about half a dozen therapists and staff.
COVID-19 safety protocols at Tikvah Lake Recovery
Tikvah Lake Recovery has taken on new protocols to add an extra layer of safety to protect all guests against any potential harm.
These new protocols are:
- Therapists enter the house through a secluded entrance that leads directly to the therapy room. After the session they promptly leave through that same way. The room has a bathroom in case it is needed.
- Guests and staff are social distancing.
- Hand-washing signs are posted everywhere. Hand-washing is expected often – especially when entering and exiting the house.
- Presently Tikvah Lake is limiting the maximum guests it will accept to three people.
In addition, Tikvah Lake is now CARF Accredited. This is a valued accreditation as it is only awarded by the independent nonprofit organization CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) to health and human service providers that have a commitment to continually improving services and serving the community.
With Tikvah Lake’s extremely clean facility, new protocols and its secluded location, it is confident it’s offering one of the safest recovery experiences in the entire United States during the current pandemic.
Find out more about our facility
Prior to COVID-19, our mission was to provide first and foremost for our guest’s comfort, safety and privacy. Now we are proud to add a fourth: protection from COVID-19. Find out more by contacting an expert today.